Friday, May 30, 2014

DAYS 3 & 4: May 29-30, 2014

5:35 pm listening to Lana del Rey's American

Hola Internets!

I deserve a medal for what I'm doing right now reminds me of everything that I love about smoking. Drinking a hot cup of coffee, blogging, and listening to music. That's it. I miss smoking. But no, I'm committed to quitting. There's just a bit of sadness at this point. Fourth day of no cigarettes and I'm still in disbelief.

Anyhoo, I'm still anticipating some serious withdrawal symptoms. So far I'm thankful (pwera usog please) since my withdrawal seems mild. I've had a couple of dizzy spells and insomnia. Nothing I haven't experienced on a regular basis when I was a full-blown smoker (thank God). The cravings are still there. Like an ex-boyfriend who you miss that much but you know he's bad for you. I cannot let myself be jerked around by cigarettes again. Hahaha.

My triggers are still looming. I'm especially careful how I'll handle myself come Manila time aka normal life: coffee, booze, wine, smoking people around you, living alone, and easy access to smokes. Hmmm. One day at a time.

At this early part of my quit, I always try to induce my craving and observe how I handle myself. I try to imagine what if I have friends over who smoke, how would that make me feel. Of course, I'll be craving (at this point at least) but I have this pact with myself that it's just a "No" from here on out. Smoking is just not an option anymore. I keep reminding myself this is for the better.

I'm proud of myself for lasting this long. Yey me! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home